The Appetizer. To continue the #MyMagnolia summer series, we were fortunate enough to speak with David Switzer, the Executive Chef of our new Golf Clubhouse restaurant, “The Grill,” which opens in October this year to our residents and the public.
We learned about his culinary inspiration, favorite meals to cook and eat, who he’d most like to prepare a meal for, and much more.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s see what Chef Switzer has on the menu for us today!
The Main Course.
- What is your song of the day?
- Chef Switzer: Flight of the Bumblebee by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Chef Switzer: Italy
- Rank these meals in order of favorite to least favorite – breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Chef Switzer: Dinner is number 1, breakfast is number 2, and lunch is last – number 3.
- What is your favorite dish to cook?
- Chef Switzer: Chilean sea bass
- What is your favorite dish to eat?
- Chef Switzer: Crab meat dip
- Who or what inspired you to be a chef?
- Chef Switzer: My parents were my inspiration.
- What do you like most about being a chef?
- Chef Switzer: The creativity that comes with it.
- If you could prepare a meal for any three people, who would they be?
- Chef Switzer: My parents, my wife, and William Shatner
- What can people expect from The Grill?
- Chef Switzer: People can expect an upscale, yet casual, experience that will have something for everyone to enjoy.
- What is it that drew you to accept the position of Executive Chef of the Grill?
- Chef Switzer: Working for Billy Casper Golf and the exciting challenge of opening a new restaurant in this amazing community.
Dessert. Visit our Golf Clubhouse webpage to view the progress of the newest addition to our community and future home of Executive Chef Switzer’s “The Grill.”
About #MyMagnolia. #MyMagnolia aims to highlight all the people who make our community the best place to live in Richmond. By profiling everyone from residents to builders, we hope to introduce you to more of your neighbors about topics ranging from what superpower they would choose to what makes #MyMagnolia so special to them.